Saturday, March 26, 2011

Water Project

So after about 20 hours of carving and 9 gashes on my right hand, here's my key block for my water portfolio project!






My plan is to either carve another block for the water inside the glasses, or use ink mixed with a high amount of oil in a monotype to create water like forms.  In terms of color, I would like to print the block in a light blue color, and have the water in the glasses be a darker blue, and possibly have some cups be red, with a cream background, or printed on cream paper.  It could also be very interesting to print the block twice on the same sheet, flipped in opposite directions. 

As for the noise in the background, I feel as though it could be a happy accident.  I'm not sure if it could make the print too busy, or just not print well, but the forms have the potential to be very interesting.  I will probably do multiple proofs in different colors and methods before I decide on the final print.  I am super excited for all of the potential that this block has!

No comments:

Post a Comment